Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So you know my name is...








Simon Thomas Core
Friday 12 June 2009
American Fork Hospital
American Fork, UT
9 lbs .03 oz. / 19.5"








All told the labor and delivery was 17 hours--5 of which were at the hospital. The midwife and nurses were awesome and James was allowed to catch Simon as he came tumbling out. Immediately upon Simon's emergence from the womb, the delivery room was filled with nurses. He was having trouble breathing, and was whisked away before I really had a chance to see him. He was diagnosed with pneumonia and has been in the NICU for the past 5 days receiving antibiotics. We have stayed on at the hospital as boarders to be near him, and have had such a positive experience with the staff here. Aside from the infection in his lungs, he is a healthy boy with a bright, inquisitive face and a healthy appetite!

6 comments:

The Read Blend said...

Congratulations!!! I am glad everything went well.

Joel and Chelsey said...

Congrats again! It so fun to be there for all the excitment! Can't wait to hold him in August.

Joel and Chelsey said...

Sorry--just re-read my message. Apparently my home state is rubbing off on my grammar. It so incorrect. :)

Joni said...

yay! I've been wondering and checking on you all. I'm so glad that your labor and delivery went well. If you're ever in the mood to write it all down, you have an eager audience of one, at the very least:)

I love the name Simon!

Kathy said...

He looks fabulous. I hope he is doing much better now! Welcome to the world little Simon!

Julie said...

Congrats! Another lovely boy. I love his name. You guys are such rock stars.