Monday, July 14, 2008

Workin' it


I am a consultant. I consult. If ever you need a consult, please see me. But not a medical consult. Though I am quite willing and able to assess your mental capacity if you should choose to cut me off and cause an accident then drive away. If I were to see you again, I would have no problem offering a diagnosis.

At any rate, back to my consulting skills: I have recently joined forces with the School Improvement Network on a project aimed at closing the minority achievement gap. It feels so great to be back in the saddle again and contributing to the big world of education--all from the comfort of my own home (though I do so miss working with the kids directly.)

I stumbled into this, really. A friend from church is VP for the SINET and I offered to send him my resume should they need any help from a former English teacher. He contacted me a few weeks later, and we got started changing the world. I'm only working part-time, though, so it might take a few weeks.

2 comments:

Janice said...

So. Looking forward to the improvements coming over the coming weeks. Would you please focus (in your world-changing role) on the price of gas at the pump. It's killing those of us who like to roam.

Mejkin said...

perhaps high gas prices are all part of my plan to save us from ourselves...